In this guide I want to tell you a little bit about how our offers work, and give you some tips for completing them. I’ll add additional answers to questions as they come up. Hope this helps!
Q: How exactly does this work?
Good question. We work with several different companies and advertising networks to find offers for you to complete. When we find a company who wants to have our users try their product or service, we list it on our site. When a user completes their offer through our site, they report the completion to us and we credit your account.
People often ask why some offers take hours or days to confirm for them, and the simple answer is that we rely on our advertisers to provide us with statistics about users who have completed their offers. Some offers credit almost instantly, but others take longer because the advertiser may give us updates only periodically. Once we receive this information from our advertisers, user accounts are updated automatically.
Q: What does it mean when an offer is Pending?
We provide the “Pending” feature only as a way for you to track the offers that you’ve done. Just because an offer is Pending does not mean it will be credited, and even if you forget to submit an offer to us, you’ll still receive credit for the offer when the company reports to us.
You may have noticed that it’s possible to submit offers to us (and give them Pending status) even if you haven’t completed them. Remember that you will only be credited for the offer when the advertiser notifies us that you have completed the offer.
Q: How long do offers stay Pending?
An offer stays pending until we receive credit for it or until two weeks have passed. If two weeks have passed without crediting, it will be removed from your Pending list and put back into your Available Offers list so you can complete it. If that same offer is eventually credited to us, we’ll credit your account regardless of whether it’s Pending or not.
Q: I did an offer and I still haven’t received credit. Why?
If you an offer hasn’t credited for you, it’s because we haven’t received credit. If, for any reason, we don’t receive credit from the advertiser, we cannot credit your account. Remember that in most cases offers confirm within a couple of hours, but sometimes they can take days or weeks. We know it’s hard to wait, but try to be patient!
Q: Why would an advertiser withhold credit if I completed the offer?
We understand it’s frustrating to do an offer and not get credit for it—it’s frustrating for us, too! There are a variety of reasons why an advertiser may not credit us for an offer you believe you completed. Here are some of those reasons:
• You didn’t complete the entire offer. If you quit half way through a survey or don’t finish an offer, you won’t be credited. For example, many sites require that you confirm your email address at the end of the registration.
• Fake or inaccurate information was used. If you use fake information when completing an offer, you will not receive credit. Using fake or misleading information is also against our Terms of Service and will result in the termination of your account. If you’re not interested in having a company know your real information, don’t do the offer!
• You’ve done the offer before. Advertisers aren’t interested in paying for the same person to try their product or service multiple times. If you’ve done the offer (or possibly even an offer from the same company) outside of CashCrate, we won’t receive credit for it if you do it again.
• You used a gift card or prepaid credit card to do the offer. If you do an offer that requires a credit card, some companies will not credit us if you use a gift card or prepaid credit card. This is because they don’t want you signing up for a trial, only to find that your card gets declined if you continue with them after the trial period.
• You canceled the offer immediately. If you sign-up for a product trial and then immediately cancel your trial, you won’t receive credit. The point of our program is that you get paid to try products and services that you’re interested in. By canceling immediately, you’re indicating that you weren’t even interested to begin with. If you’re not interested in an offer, don’t do it!
Q: I have very few offers available to me. What’s the deal?
Unfortunately the bulk of our offers are only available to those users within the United States. Very few are available to international members at this time. The good news is that we’re starting to see more and more international offers (especially for those of you in Europe and Canada).
Q: What else should I keep in mind when completing offers?
Q: I had a bad experience with one of your advertisers. What should I do?
We do our best to only work with companies who are truthful and up front with our users. If you feel that a company has scammed you (hit you with frivolous charges, for example), please let us know.